Loose Short Axes

jackieshaq

Posted · Loose Short Axes

Hello all,

I have an Ultimaker Original Plus. I've been having an issue with my prints not being geometrically accurate. I believe I have pinned it down to an issue with my short axes and how they fit into the slider blocks. The fit is not tight and therefore the nozzel is shifted at an incorrect angle. Has anyone else has this issue? or have suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted (edited) · Loose Short Axes

There is a short axis??

Short belt?

There are several issues that can create parts that are not accurate:

- PLA shrinks about .3%

- PLA can stretch and move inward mostly near the bottom 2mm and also all vertical holes are affected big time

- axis not perpendicular/orthogonal

- bottom layer sticks out too much

- play/backlash

This is not complete but it is by far covers the worst issues.

I think you are talking about backlash but if you could photograph your part and explain what dimensions are off and by how much most people can instantly diagnose the issue.

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Loose Short Axes

There is a short axis??

Actually, there's a shorter axis on the Ultimakers, like half a tooth of a GT2. First time I see someone else notices this :)

Also @jackieshaq UMO+ has one of the worst (IMHO, and others) set of pulleys. If you are serious about printing better, the best and first thing you should do is move to GT2 belt

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/15874-mxl-vs-gt2-print-results

Edited by Guest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies