Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
paul9

Real previews with different settings Cura 2.5

If the nozzle is thicker, it might be that it needs to extrude less in the second pass. The layer view, even though it looks realistic, is not a realistic representation of what it will do when printed.

I know its asking a lot, but that does kinda negate the purpose of 'layer view': to spot issues in your print before it prints. How do you know know which issues are real and which aren't?

I know its asking a lot, but that does kinda negate the purpose of 'layer view': to spot issues in your print before it prints. How do you know know which issues are real and which aren't?

You don't. This is why i was not so sure we should have this feature. But all the other slicers had it and at some point we also had to participate. Because if we don't, people keep using the lack of a "realistic" rendering as an argument why Cura is falling behind.

If you want a perfectly right layerview, it's going to take a loong time to build. You would need to take a whole lot of physics, material flow, deformation, etc into account.

You don't. This is why i was not so sure we should have this feature. But all the other slicers had it and at some point we also had to participate. Because if we don't, people keep using the lack of a "realistic" rendering as an argument why Cura is falling behind.

If you want a perfectly right layerview, it's going to take a loong time to build. You would need to take a whole lot of physics, material flow, deformation, etc into account.

Thanks