Which type of grease for the Z screw

Posted · Which type of grease for the Z screw

Just re-oiling and greasing the printer. I went into the garage to find some grease but cannot recall which one I used last time. I vaguely remember that I got grease (probably silicone) with PTFE for the z screw.

What should I use.

I cannot fine the green Magnalube anywhere in the UK.

Just found some marine lubricant with Teflon, would that be good? My only concern is that it will be designed for more heavier use like prop shafts and drive shaft splines.

Posted (edited) · Which type of grease for the Z screw

I still have some Magnalube left over, but if I run out I will most likely use Synco Superlube Synthetic grease, since I have a big tube of that already.  We used it at work for lead screws and it appears to be comparable to the Magnalube grease.

The Superlube is available at UK eBay.

Edited by Guest

Thanks guys. @rowiac yes I have seen it on Ebay in th east but the ones I have seen are expensive, I just want a little 7 1/2 oz tube with free/small delivery, not a 6 pack of 6lb tins!! which I did subsequently find in the UK.

LOL just checked out the Superlube and not only is it available on Amazon UK it is what I bought last time!!

Thanks for the reminder, case closed whether it be in the garage or I buy again8)