Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Can I safely upgrade my UM2 to UM2+, and use Cura 2.5, but with firmware Vers:_15.04.5?

Recommended Posts

As the title says really! I would appreciate any and all help.

Discussion of my firmware upgrade problems is here https://ultimaker.com/en/community/44827-cant-update-firmware-on-um2-i-think-ive-checked-all-the-obvious-stuff

Obviously that problem needs solving, but in the short term I need to crack on as I have orders to fulfill.



Edited by Guest

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, believe it or not I was actually aware of the stepper motor direction issue - however that's what I thought the G-Code mod was for! Clearly not.

OK, so can I safely install the new hot end, but wait until later for the feeder? Everything else, the heaters, the new thermocouple, everything at the hot end of the UM2+ upgrade kit will be OK with firmware Vers:_15.04.5?

Thanks again,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!