Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
rebeck

Where can I get a replacement heater board for an Ultimaker Original with a heated bed upgrade?

I believe (I could be wrong!) this product is no longer being manufactured and so when stores run out I think they will all be gone. However try fbrc8.com. Contact them through their email. They are very responsive. Include any serial numbers of this kit if the kit has a serial number.

Are you good with soldering? Someone on here can let you know that part number and you could just fix it youself if fbrc8 doesn't have any left.

Is this the only part that got fried? Did you check the rest of the cables going to the heated bed?

Mine had the same problem and on closer inspection one of the cables looks suspicious. Starting to think that the problem started over there.

5a33375fb65e7_2017-04-2312_24_46.thumb.jpg.9b3bb09b072744d2f5fe04a074d23ca7.jpg

Just for experiment I ordered IRF8736PBF MOSFET to see if I can repair it myself 8). They are very inexpensive, just 0,35 Euro a piece (and 9,50 Euro delivery)

• Like 1

If you have some fine wire cutters or a scalpel, you should cut out U2 and clean the circuit board with a natural hair brush and denatured alcohol. That'll make it possible to inspect the PCB for delamination and/or burn damage - then we can see if your board is repairable.