Bed temperature overheating

fergazz

Posted · Bed temperature overheating

Hi there Ultimaker community!

Yesterday my Ultimaker 2 went to an event, KingsDay at Dutch Consulate. When I setup my profile, bed to 60°C, temperature goes to 100°C to start to heat nozzle temp, and waits like 10 min to start the print. What issue happened here, is the temperature sensor damaged? If yes, where should I buy it?

By the way, event was awesome, everything was ok except it. I divulge Colorfabb filaments and, of course, Ultimaker printers and filaments :)

Posted (edited) · Bed temperature overheating

@gr5 do you have it in your store? Do you ship to Brazil? If possible I would like to get other stuffs, like olsson block, metal nozzles, slipery bowder tube and others upgrades.

The event was realised at consul's house, there was an electrical outlet with 220V and I asked for an employee of the house if there was a 110V electrical outlet, so the employee point me for another one close to this. Should this issue can be caused by higher voltage? Is UM2 bi-volt?

Edited by Guest
    voltage paragraph

I don't ship to brazil sorry but I don't sell filament or printers either. So the bed? The bed went to 100C? That's the correct temperature for ABS. Maybe you told the UM2 you had ABS? Or maybe Cura tried to set it to 100C.

Well when you start the print and it is heating up the bed (only heats the bed initially) then go immediately to TUNE menu and see what the goal temperature is. You can fix it there. But even better in Materials menu tell it that you currently have PLA in your machine.

• Like 1

A day before i printed XT and it's possible that I set printer to ABS, I will check if this is the problem. At the event I used Simplify3d and I think that software overright UM2 definitions... I'm actually scarry to turn on it but I will do it tonight

you were right @gr5 it happened probably because I setted ABS as material. I just didn't understood why Simplify3d doesn't overrighted this predefinition.

Printer is working beautifully after going out of home for the first time ;)

I was scarried cause streets here have a lot of holes and imperfections but it's all good. I also put a belt on my UM2 to hold properlly :)

Just to know, I demonstrate Cura uploading stl files but I used Simplify 3D via USB cause my profiles are updated on that.

Cheers for the tough printer users!