UM3E reports print finished immediately but prints fine with USB

tmostad

Posted · UM3E reports print finished immediately but prints fine with USB

UM3E reports "print finished" immediately when I print over network but of course prints nothing. I am using the latest Cura (2.5) and latest firmware (3.6.3.20170406). The slicer says that my print will take 13h 35min but when I print to the printer over the network, the printer Active Print printing time says 00:00:00 and the printer says the print is done. I tried to un-install and reinstall Cura 2.5 but it makes no difference. I also switched to recommended settings and it made no difference. I went back to Cura 2.4 and it is printing fine. I also printed to a file and then copied to a USB stick. This also works fine. I'd say this is a bug!

• 4 weeks later...

I have tha same problem. Ultimaker 3 Ex is printing by networ, but with USB reports print finished immediately. I tryied with Cura 2.4 2.5 2.6. Help!

I've seen this a couple of times. Check and make sure that you have a file name in the bottom right corner of the screen where your STL file is, next to the pencil. I've highlighted it in green.

5a333b8a49b6c_ScreenShot2017-05-23at9_07_42PM.thumb.png.98e87be630638b23a9520f13465332d4.png

If the file name is missing from there, the printer will not be able to receive the print correctly and will think the print is immediately done.