material cost cura 2.5 -- also in 2.6.1

phantom

Posted (edited) · material cost cura 2.5 -- also in 2.6.1

Hi,

Seems my previous post has been mysterously disappeared,so i will ask again.

Cura 2.5 should now calculate material cost, however you can't activate any of the materials stored in material preferences ?? Previous version you could at least activate any material chosen or enter new materials, but in 2.5 the activate button is greyed out!

Why is this not working ?

Greetz Barry

Edited by Guest

Posted · material cost cura 2.5 -- also in 2.6.1

Hi Nallath,

I know that but i can not select any other material as the actvate button stays greyed out.

So not able to activate or alter any of the materials, which does work when i try it in previous versions like 2.4.

Greetz Barry

• 1 month later...

No one has an answer for his ?

Still the same with 2.6.1 now, meaning i still can not select any material, still it does not calculate cost when slicing and do not know if it will effect my prints.

Either way i want to choose which material i am using:angry:

Capture.thumb.PNG.451ef4a085e37414112f2743aaecc5da.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.451ef4a085e37414112f2743aaecc5da.PNG

Ultimaker 2 by default uses UltiGCode, and Cura expects the printer to handle materials. So Cura does not know what material you will be printing with, and it will not let you select a material.

If you want to work around this, I recommend you go into Machine Settings and set the gcode flavor to RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter). That way you ignore the material set on the printer, but you have full control over materials, temperatures, etc. You'll get a dropdown for the material in the sidebar for much easier access, and you get to see the calculated amount of material and cost.

How come it was usable in 2.4 where i could enter info and click activate.

What i do not understand is why are there all these different materials you can select while you can't activate them for the ultimaker 2. You can enter cost per spool and it calculates it when entering how much is on there, but then you can't do anything with it cause you cant activate that materials profile ....???

And if you adjust the machine settings to reprap al these materials change into different ones then when using ultigcode, it makes no sense to me that it was not entered differently for a reason, right ?

Does reprep setting also override changes you make when it is printing, so if i change the temp for instance, does it then change back automatically with what you entered in reprep settings, or is this not the case and does the printer work the same as with ultigcode?

> How come it was usable in 2.4

As far as I know, it wasn't in 2.4 unless you set your gcode flavor to Reprap in 2.4. Or you used an Ultimaker 2+ profile.

> why are there all these different materials you can select while you can't activate them for the ultimaker 2.

Materials are there for all other printers than the UM2 with UltiGcode. The UM2 is the odd one out here.

As far as I know, it wasn't in 2.4 unless you set your gcode flavor to Reprap in 2.4. Or you used an Ultimaker 2+ profile.

I checked, it was actually 2.3.1 and ultimaker 2 machine profile. Can you use the UM2+ profile then ??

Materials are there for all other printers than the UM2 with UltiGcode. The UM2 is the odd one out here.

Makes no sense for a couple of thousend euro costing machine which used to have at least cost calculation going back to what, cura 12 or something, which is made for UM machines? So other machines with ulticode do have them but the most known UM can't?

If you don't want to accept my answer or the workarounds for your issue, that is fine with me.

If you don't want to accept my answer or the workarounds for your issue, that is fine with me.

Excuse me but I actually asked you a question in return about using um2+ machine settings, never did I say or imply I did not accept your answer, instead I gave my god honest opinion why I thing this sucks that this function is not working normally.