demount printcore um3

bschulte

Posted · demount printcore um3

Hi guys, has anyone ever tried to demount the bb printcore? I've a serious pva clog in it and the regular unglogging procedure is not working. it think the pva is burned and not melting anymore.... I just want to make sure if there are 'things' to consider demounting it.

thanks ia

Barry

Thanks Tom,

I'll get my self a needle of some sort... Maybe it's an idea that UM hands some procedure on how to handle PVA when you don't use it for some time... i see more people struggle with this.

What i'll do is change bb printcore as soon as I don't use it and put in a sealed bag with silica... hopefully that helps.. any other tips?

Keeping the PVA dry is definitely the most important advice. I'm not sure that this is also necessary for the bb core, I don't think that is necessary, but it certainly won't hurt.

Posted (edited) · demount printcore um3

If I am correct, and depending on Team Ultimaker or someone better prepared to correct this, but I understand that you are better off having a core in both slots at all times.

If I am not using the PVA, and not using the additional AA core, I just back the PVA out of  The BB core, clean the outside, clean its innards with pulls and let it be until I need to change or use it again. Then I just advance the PVA back into the nozzle, do a preheat on the core and then a move on the material to make sure it is primed and flowing.

Edited by Guest