Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

MAXTEMP error on preassembled UM

tomfreitag

Posted · MAXTEMP error on preassembled UM

Hi,

Yesterday I update my firmware to the newest Marlin firmware. I own a pressambled UM (Feb/20139). After 17h the ulticontroller shows me maxtemp error and printprocess stops. This is first time after printing a lot with the "old" firmware without any temperature(sensor) problems.

I checked the cables (on the top hof the printhead). Right now I print a smaller object, until now it prints fine. Its hard to replicate this error.

Could it be some troubles with Kisslicer Gcode and the new Marlin?

thanks for help.

greets, tom.

thanks. After reconnect the cable could you resume the print?

I do nothing and print another stl (calibration cube) without the maxtemp error. maybe its happen because the model (with maxtemp error) have a lot of rounded filling (kisslicer) and my UM shaking like hell(printed 17h mostly fillin) and maybe this cause some cable connection error?

I don't know if its software /firmware issue or problems with gcode or hardware issue...

hi, i checked my cable, it seems everthing ok. i tried to optimize my model (no errors in the mesh) and printed it with 190°C. after printed it severeal times and everytime it stops after a while with MAXTEMP error I decide to reload the old marlin firmware (cura 12.12a) and it works...so it seems to be an firmware issue!?

I really doubt it. It's probably a bad wire or bad connection issue. If you have an ulticontroller, look at the tempearture while you wiggle the wires. If not, hook up a multimeter to the UM board and measure the voltage and then wiggle the wire. The voltage should change suddenly when you wiggle the bad connection. Move the head to the 4 corners. Touch the wire at every loose point in the print head. Touch it under your UM. Pull on it gently at all other locations. Shake the UM a little.

Archived