Ultimaker 3 Extended Will Not Calibrate

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 Extended Will Not Calibrate

When printing with PVA last night on an Ultimaker 3 Extended, we noticed the bb nozzle was getting extremely coated in the material. So much so, that the print failed catastrophically. Unfortunately I was not there to see it so I do not have a picture of the failure. Because of the failure, we decided to swap print cores and calibrate the z,x, and y axis. When trying to calibrate the z offset, the build plate moves up and down slightly, the printer moves the printhead around, while the screen goes through the prompts, but the build plate never lifts up to calibrate and the head returns to home without anything happening. The same goes for the x and y axis calibration. This morning the same thing happened when I tried to remove material two. The head moved, and then returned to its home position and that was that. We unplugged the machine with no success and then factory reset the printer. After the reset, I was able to load material, but the calibrations still will not work. The latest firmware seems to be up to date. I used the 2.6 beta to print last night.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Ultimaker 3 Extended Will Not Calibrate

During the calibration step it's not obvious but there is a part where you need to spin the knob to move the bed up and down.