Ultimaker 3 Extended Will Not Calibrate

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 Extended Will Not Calibrate

When printing with PVA last night on an Ultimaker 3 Extended, we noticed the bb nozzle was getting extremely coated in the material. So much so, that the print failed catastrophically. Unfortunately I was not there to see it so I do not have a picture of the failure. Because of the failure, we decided to swap print cores and calibrate the z,x, and y axis. When trying to calibrate the z offset, the build plate moves up and down slightly, the printer moves the printhead around, while the screen goes through the prompts, but the build plate never lifts up to calibrate and the head returns to home without anything happening. The same goes for the x and y axis calibration. This morning the same thing happened when I tried to remove material two. The head moved, and then returned to its home position and that was that. We unplugged the machine with no success and then factory reset the printer. After the reset, I was able to load material, but the calibrations still will not work. The latest firmware seems to be up to date. I used the 2.6 beta to print last night.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Ultimaker 3 Extended Will Not Calibrate

During the calibration step it's not obvious but there is a part where you need to spin the knob to move the bed up and down.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies