Standard profiles missing.

Karel1986

Posted · Standard profiles missing.

Since I updated Cura to 2.6 (and just now to 2.6.1) I've lost my standard print quality profiles.

Fine, draft normal etc.

I contacted my local reseller and they said to try re-adding the printer.

This worked once, but now even that does not seem to work anymore.

Any suggestions?

Karel

Have you tried re-installing? I think something went wrong with some of your local files (custom materials? Custom machines?) that broke something.

You could also send us the zipped version of the all local configuration files so I can have a look (help-> show local configuration)

Ah, found the issue. You have PLA on your second extruder, but also a BB print core. We don't support the combination, so we only have an empty normal quality there.

As both quality types must be the same, you can also only select normal quality for the left extruder. If you change the right extruder to a AA print core (or a different material), you can select them again.

• Like 1

Ok thank you for the tip. Is PVA the only material supported by the BB core?

Or can I just remove the BB core?

Thank you

I think you have to have two cores in at all times. You can remove it, but I would then put in the other AA core in there.

You can just "override" what is selected in Cura. What's selected in Cura does not need to be the same as what is actually loaded on the machine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Standard profiles missing.

I think you have to have two cores in at all times. You can remove it, but I would then put in the other AA core in there.

The other AA core, was destroyed one day when filament got stuck inside the print head case and ending up in burning the print core wires.

(PS: I now know the UM3 is a pretty modulair design ;))

Edited by Guest

You can just "override" what is selected in Cura. What's selected in Cura does not need to be the same as what is actually loaded on the machine.

Thank you, but I think I will buy a new AA 0,8 core instead.

I don't like overruling and tinkering with company machinery.

Posted (edited) · Standard profiles missing.

I have the same problem and AA cores in both extruders. However, the second is AA0.8 and not any BB for that matter, whereas the first is a AA0.4. Still the same problem persists. All but the Fast profiles disappeared. 

Edited by vkritis

We're already a slew of Cura updates ahead. Now you can also just disable an extruder if you're not using it. Once you do, the right profiles should appear again.

You are right. All came back once I disabled Extruder AA 0.8. Thanx much!

Kind of stupid to not show any print profile when a combination is not supported. 
    Wish there was an option that overrides the pampering mode

It's not pampering mode, there literally isn't a profile.

You can still print with it and create your own profiles, but it won't be on a profile that we provided (because they aren't there)