Who has experience with making a shoe last

Bernini55

Posted · Who has experience with making a shoe last

Hello, I want to make a shoe last as a model for making real shoes for myself. Because I'm an unexperienced 3D printing member of this community, I would like to meet someone with experience! Please post some information (input file, material, etc) and a photo. Thanks, Bernini55

Hi @Bernini55,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

It is not exactly clear to me what you are looking for. Do you want an STL of a shoe?

Any shoe or a specific model?

Do you want to make 'real' shoes, or 3D printed shoes eventually?

Looking forward hearing from you,

Hi @Bernini55,

It is not exactly clear to me what you are looking for. Do you want an STL of a shoe?

SandervG,

I think you may have mis-understood the request. I believe Berninni55 is looking for a model of a shoe last so he can print one. A shoe last is the armature around which a shoe is made. Shoe Last

Hi @Bernini55,

SandervG,

I think you may have mis-understood the request.  I believe Berninni55 is looking for a model of a shoe last so he can print one.  A shoe last is the armature around which a shoe is made. Shoe Last

Hi Sander, the reaction of XYZDesign Pro is correct. I don't want to make 3D printed shoes but I am looking for someone with experience in printing a shoe last (no matter which model). With a shoe last I can ask a shoemaker to make shoes for me. Is this clear to you (and to others)? Cheers, Bernini55.

Posted (edited) · Who has experience with making a shoe last

Shouldnt be too difficult to make an adjustable one, you can always fill an old comfortable shoe with plaster or something and then scan it or simply construct it yourself, but modelling is key. I think basic modelling skills are essential for ANY bespoke work or desires. I should thank Ultimaker for forcing me to learn Zbrush! I would have never got round to it before, you could do the organic side in a sculpting programme and adjustable stuff in a cad prog, or just all of it in a cad prog. working with nurbs is probably better due to the shoe shape. Dont worry 3D has a steep initial learning curve, but if you are interested, there are more than enough youtube videos and helpful people on forums to aid you.

Mind you I just looked on the internet and they only cost like £15 or like $20. so you could just carve into it if you wanted something bespoke? some things are just cheaper if you buy them. I tend to only print bespoke stuff that i can't buy or have personalised. That way you could also 3D scan it and make your own from a good base.

Edited by cloakfiend