Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ultradryan

Just bought UM3, Questions about CURA profile.

It all depends on the materials you have set i think. Normally you should have other profiles if you use PLA for example

Yes I remember the same when using CURA before.

Now the newly installed CURA somehow only have profile "FINE" on default.

and in the settings, no profiles were set at all.

I am using ultimaker official PLA material with NFC, it got detected alright, so I think it's not the material causing problem. Usually there are recommended profile for different quality settings...

I deleted the files in User/App Data/Cura and reinstall, still the same. So I wondered if the latest CURA default profile setting goes with "fine" and no other profiles.

If you select 0.4mm nozzle for extruder 1, and 0.8mm for extruder 2, you can only select the 0.2mm profile. Because that is the only profile available to both.

With 2 different materials selected for your 2 extruder as it probably works the same (not entirely sure). But since all default materials have (almost) all profiles I think that cannot explain the behavior you see.

If you select 0.4mm nozzle for extruder 1, and 0.8mm for extruder 2, you can only select the 0.2mm profile. Because that is the only profile available to both.

With 2 different materials selected for your 2 extruder as it probably works the same (not entirely sure). But since all default materials have (almost) all profiles I think that cannot explain the behavior you see.

I might need to do a reinstall soon just to be sure.

But I m hving 2 nozzles the same size.

CURA doesnt allow me to create a new profile, the button "create" is grayed out in the "manage profile" settings.

That's why I am feeling strange.

delete everything in C://User/App Data/local/CURA and reinstall should make a clean installation right? I will try it again.