Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura Profile for eSun filaments?

ultradryan

Posted · Cura Profile for eSun filaments?

In general you can just take a profile for a comparable material.

For many materials (like f.e. PLA) this will be a good starting point.

For ABS usually the Ultimaker profile is not the best, as most other ABS brands need higher temperatures.

In general you can just take a profile for a comparable material.

For many materials (like f.e. PLA) this will be a good starting point.

For ABS usually the Ultimaker profile is not the best, as most other ABS brands need higher temperatures.

I am just wondering, since the filament I am using says they use 3mm diameter, should i change that in the profile for it? currently I duplicate the profile from generic PLA for this, but would like to know if changing the diameter is enough (aside from temperatures, etc), for example if i change from 2.85 to 3mm diameter, should adjusment be made to the flow rate or printing speed too?

3.00mm is a general measurement. Almost all of the filaments are 2.85 unless specifically stated. Take a look at the filament features online and I am pretty sure you will find it to be 2.85 with a +/- value to indicate the uniformity of the filament.

If stated to be a different diameter, I would enter that into the proper areas so that it is accounted for. Unless I am mistaken, all the fields in Cura are interrelated to some degree or another.

Archived