Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
brontex

Ultimaker 3 Won't Boot

Hi All,

My new Ultimaker 3 (less than 10 days) died. The first problems started this morning, presenting problems with the menu ( I was not able to select the "material" option from the menu). Now the fan works for 1 second and nothing else.

One post fron November 2016 suggests that a faulty Wifi Card can be the cause (https://ultimaker.com/en/community/30370-ultimaker-3-wont-boot) , but, I do not want to intervene the UM3 considering it has been with us less than 2 weeks.

Have you experienced a similar problem? Thanks , and enjoy the weekend,

This is an unusual problem and I think worthy of getting major parts replaced. It could be I suppose as simple as a loose ribbon cable to the display board. There should be 2 cables. You could check that one of them isn't falling out.

But I would start by contacting your reseller and asking if this seems like a good idea to try.

• Like 1

Hi @gr5. Thanks for your time and answer. I already sent an email to the reseller and UM3 is already in the original box , waiting for the answer.

I was not able to unload the filament, so, I decided to cut it with a plier.

Many thanks

:)