Marlin1.1 - Printing time elapsed

nullsibnelf

Posted · Marlin1.1 - Printing time elapsed

Hi

I flashed Marlin1.1 by today.

Printed a benchy.

My UMO+ showed following in the display:

20170806_212411.thumb.jpg.8f03f3275520fd00371089e2cc64e3c0.jpg

It took 2hour and a bit. So I think, there is a mistake by hours minuts and seconds in the display.

Anybody know, where to fix this?

Thanks!

20170806_212411.thumb.jpg.8f03f3275520fd00371089e2cc64e3c0.jpg

Posted (edited) · Marlin1.1 - Printing time elapsed

Hey, just an advice from the bottom of my heart as I also already spend a few hours with Marlin 1.1.4: Kick it...

Go back to the version delivered with your UMO+ and be happy.

The new Marlin versions are completely reworked from the status quo Ultimaker branched their version. The old one is stable, the new one is just a collection of features not really necessary. But just for my interest - what's the reason you'd like to change the FW??

Again, just my 2 cents, but you won't be happy with this crap on your UMO... trust me, I know what I'm saying...

Edited by Guest

Hey, just an advice from the bottom of my heart as I also already spend a few hours with Marlin 1.1.4: Kick it...

Go back to the version delivered with your UMO+ and be happy.

The new Marlin versions are completely reworked from the status quo Ultimaker branched their version. The old one is stable, the new one is just a collection of features not really necessary. But just for my interest - what's the reason you'd like to change the FW??

Again, just my 2 cents, but you won't be happy with this crap on your UMO... trust me, I know what I'm saying...

I have to - because of dual extruder update.

In this case I would highly recommend using the fork from Ultimaker Marlin or - easier - the one from amedee. He put everything in a nice generator and it works perfect.

Try this generator https://bultimaker.bulles.eu/

or this FW from Github: https://github.com/AmedeeBulle/Marlin

Edited by Guest

In this case I would highly recommend using the fork from Ultimaker Marlin or - easier - the one from amedee. He put everything in a nice generator and it works perfect.

Try this generator https://bultimaker.bulles.eu/

or this FW from Github: https://github.com/AmedeeBulle/Marlin

this one i tried already - and is not working for my setup (40W heaters)

Normally it shouldn make a difference in the setup, the only difference is the PID tuning for the stronger heaters.

To compensate this it'S necessary to run PID autotune first, note the values and change them in configuration.h.

Then flash the updated FW. This you need to do anyway if heaters are changed - no matter which fork you use.

I would recommend to use the github version, modify configuration.h according to your setup, setup PID autotune, compile, flash and run ....

After this procedure and update of the PID values, everything should work...

Edited by Guest

I've been all this through. read here:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/50569-trouble-with-umo-upgrade

Unfortunatly I had trouble with some setting not implemented in that old branch - so i decided to go to the newest.

The printer is running quite weell - but there is a bug with the elapsed print-time timer. And that is the topic of this thread. so please - focus on that.

ok, in this case you could report a bug or ask for support at the Marlin Git...

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin