Strange defects in surface.

Pixopaxo

Posted (edited) · Strange defects in surface.

I want to print a test tower with 0.6mm in ABS and detected a lot of suface errors in Cura. 2.6 and 2.7 show the same.

Does anyone know how I can prevent these stripes?

cura_error.thumb.jpg.b45995b6a0536c7a01c1870659391922.jpg

The same in Simplify3d: No errors:

cura_error2.thumb.jpg.3e2642879014c1ec4eb54595cd1f2e2c.jpg

cura_error.thumb.jpg.b45995b6a0536c7a01c1870659391922.jpg

cura_error2.thumb.jpg.3e2642879014c1ec4eb54595cd1f2e2c.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Strange defects in surface.

Hi, that looks to me like what you sometimes get when compensate wall overlaps is enabled. In certain situations, I believe that the wall overlap compensation is over aggressive (that is currently being investigated).

Also, there was an issue with the layer view whereby the wrong line width is sometimes used and that was causing line width errors in the layer view that don't actually appear when printed. The line width errors are most obvious when the overlap compensation is enabled because that frigs with the line widths! That layer view issue has been fixed and I believe that the fix is in 2.7.