Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
rebeltaz

How Do I Access Prevfious Version Printer/Filament Settings In Appimage Version?

Running Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS, I usually wait until the Cura version is updated in the PPA repository. It's been a little bit since 2.7 was released and I'd like to give it a try. I downloaded the appimage from your site, but how do I get it to see the printer and filament settings that I've been using in the apt-get installed 2.6 version? Thanks.

Since 50+ people viewed this topic and not one person either knew the answer or cared to help, I'll do what I always do... figure it out myself and then post for people who also have the same troubles I do.

So... run the 2.7 appimage, so that it can create the directories it needs, and then shut it down. Go into the "quality" directory of your 2.6 setup - [ ~/.local/share/cura/2.6/quality ]. Copy all of the .cfg profiles and then paste those into the "quality" directory of your 2.7 setup ~/.local/share/cura/2.7/quality ]. When you restart Cura 2.7, the new profiles will be there.