The 'Third Fan' Connection

mjhhpdd

Posted · The 'Third Fan' Connection

Hi All

I have one of the very first UM2's shipped to the UK January 2014 and thus I have a very early board inside (serial 1003003835 0200).

I've just upgraded with the '+' kit and on installing realised I unplugged the 'Third Fan' from the board without making a note of where it connected.. (face palm)

I do not have a 5 volt connector on the centre of my board as the install instructions suggest.

I have in the back of my mind it was connected to the jumper block ICSP1 EXT/IO to the right of the board but I may be wrong - I connected it to the FAN 19-24V connector - assuming that is where I disconnected it before realising my mistake and had continuous material clog above the hot end as there was no cooling - took me a while to realise the fan was not working!

Can anyone tell me where to connect the 5V fan (blue and orange cable) on the board I have?

Any help would be appreciated!

Matt

Ok 2.1.1 Schematics are on:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/1091_Main_board_v2.1.1_(x1)/Main%20Board%20V2.1.1.pdf

This old post explains a bit where you can get 5V

Btw, you already had one before, maybe you made a photo before unpluging stuff? Because that could be the easy way to replug it.

The EXP3 pins seems to give 5V and ground. Maybe someone more experienced can confirm this

5a333f8b2a87d_Capturadepantalla2017-09-25alas1_10_26.thumb.png.e46c6cd2f3d55d9b43628cfcbb838245.png

Check against the PDF of the board to confirm the +/neg it's right.

Hi Neotko, a photo would have been a good idea... as someone who reverse engineers products, it's something I normally do hense the facepalm! Watched the instruction video and thought it was so simple I didn't need to photo - without realising my board was different.

Thank you very much for the very prompt reply. I will check the PDF and try J26

• Like 1