plastic collected on head of nozzle

dakis_pn

Posted · plastic collected on head of nozzle

Hello

I am a very new user and my trouble is that, as the plastic gets out from the nozzle head a small amount of that plastic collected and stacked on the head and then it stack on the printing object and it is ruining everything because it gets cool and the nozzle can't go over it.

Any thoughts or advices??

thank you!

It's not unusual to see that at the start of a print but it should clear up within a minute or so..

If you're seeing it throughout the print, you may have something set wrong.. Got details on which software and settings you're using?

Im using repligatorG ultimaker to generate the code with the default settings.About the nozzle and the platform - I'm not sure if the nozzle should be touching the nozzle or it should be slightly above, because when is slightly above plastic doesn't stack to the bed and it is ruined from the beginning. I also try to reduce the flow rate from 100% to 90% or 80% but then the plastic is not enough to connect each line.

The head should just touch the bed on z0.

Reducing the first layer speed can help with the first layer. You can reduce the first layer speed in the "Raft" settings, enable the raft, put the base and interface layers to 0. Then you can use the reduced first layer speed setting to change the speed of the first layer.

I also had a "head blob" problem, it was caused by the initial extrusion done by the start code. It extrudes something like 15mm of filament, which is a bit much IMHO. So I reduced that to something like 3mm. You need to adjust the E values in the start code for this.

Finally, you can reduce the speed during the print, and clean off any blobs on the head during the printing with some pliers.

Thank you for your replies...

I just found the problem! there is a crack on my nozzle head! how can this happened? and the question now is how do i disconnect it from the rest of connected components! I can't believe that happened now!

Cracked nozzle head? Sounds like something went wrong during shipping, or a production fault that slipped through the checks.

Best is if you call/mail ultimaker, send them a picture of the cracked nozzle, and ask for a replacement. They have some spare parts for these cases. There are some topics about heating the nozzle and then screwing it apart, but dont know if that will work (aka I never tried).

Cracked nozzle head? Sounds like something went wrong during shipping, or a production fault that slipped through the checks.

Best is if you call/mail ultimaker, send them a picture of the cracked nozzle, and ask for a replacement. They have some spare parts for these cases. There are some topics about heating the nozzle and then screwing it apart, but dont know if that will work (aka I never tried).

Yup. Contact Ultimaker.

If you're in the US, you can also get nozzles that should fit at

http://www.makergear.com/products/nozzles

thanks for replying!

Yes to buy a new nozzle head its a good idea! But I've try to disconnect the head from the rest component but is stacked.... I've already emailed them twice but i din't have a reply yet!

To pull the old nozzle off, which is something I've never done, I'd heat things up, unlock the filament drive and pull all the filament out. From there, use a wrench to very, very gently unscrew the nozzle. If you put too much pressure on it, you can break the tube it threads into.

As for emailing Ultimaker, have patience.. :\