Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Just thought I would show my Start on the mark 2 Modification and the Ultimaker

started in Ernest to do the Mark 2 mod, sea below the Fan Shroud which I have Drawn Red for Mark 2 white for the UM (durr Obvioulsy :()5a333f91a9271_Fan1.thumb.JPG.838f5116d70a5a0e3ff82d603bc11ab6.JPG

I made the spacer and getting the head into Mark2 I'm Using 3D Solex Matchless Block's

5a333f91a9271_Fan1.thumb.JPG.838f5116d70a5a0e3ff82d603bc11ab6.JPG

also Lined the Shrouds with Kapton Tape for a bit more protection but the material should be OK had used the same material with my Old Shroud and it is still going strong...

Just thought it might be interesting to someone. ;)

will Post some more pics when I get back OFF to TCT Show

5a333f91a9271_Fan1.thumb.JPG.838f5116d70a5a0e3ff82d603bc11ab6.JPG

• Like 1

Stu

thanks for asking I'm putting the printed parts to gether today but just found that the magnets are not a tight fit they push into the recess but don't stop there. I'm pondering the use of super glue ?? any thoughts, the printer is not apart at moment the wiring is next but time is scarce..

Stu

thanks for asking I'm putting the printed parts to gether today but just found that the magnets are not a tight fit they push into the recess but don't stop there. I'm pondering the use of super glue ?? any thoughts, the printer is not apart at moment the wiring is next but time is scarce..

I have used super glue to stick the magnets in place as suggested on the Mark 2 website

I and am about to do the installation - when I get time

Edited by Guest