PVA sticks to nozzle.

Clancey

Posted · PVA sticks to nozzle.

I received my Ulti3 a couple of days ago, I've been getting superb prints every time until it comes to using the support material, in which case everything turns to absolute crap. Sorry, but that's the truth.

I've ready loads about this, change this, change that, is it wet, blah, nothing has helped at all. None of these things are the issue.

The PVA goes down perfectly on a brim, could not be better, but when it has to stop and start extruded PVA sticks to the outside of the print head and is dragged resulting in broken supports and huge amounts of spaghetti. I've gone to the lengths of lubricating the outer surface with a tiny smear of oil, this helped a lot until the oil was rubbed away by the extrusion.

The 2nd print head which came uninstalled had obviously been used to print the little test piece before it was dispatched, perfectly normal. But the print head wasn't clean at all, there was a lot of molten filament stuck to the outside of the nozzle, black of course. Not huge lumps, very smooth, very molten, is this the same for all?

I'm going to have to buy a 2nd BB before I really wanted to because I need to get started, but what settings can I try to reduce the filament sticking to the nozzle? (I should add PLA through AA has been flawless, I haven't tried swapping things around as I don't have spares coming out of my ears and don't want to bugger things up!)

Thanks.

Posted (edited) · PVA sticks to nozzle.

Well, UM does the minical test print that comes with the printer indeed with the included bb core. Usually they clean it before shipping. But it should just be black PLA, so very easy to remove by heating the core up to 150 deg and wipe it with a (thick enough) piece of cloth.

Edited by Guest