Cura 2.7.0 crashes when starting

asb

Posted · Cura 2.7.0 crashes when starting

> You could just add the printer manually by IP.

No, I can not because the Ultimaker 3 Extended does not support configurations with a static IP address.

This is the official statement by "iGo3D", the German distributor for Ultimaker.

I am aware that it is possible to hack the ConnMan configuration with SSH, but - again according to the Ultimaker distributor - this is unsupported and will cause networking issues.

Probably quite a bunch of the numerous issues I am encountering with the Ultimaker 3 Extended is caused because I do not run a DHCP server in my network. However, the system requirements for the Ultimaker 3 Extended do not mention that running a DHCP server is required, so it needs to work without. In June, it did with the Cura version from PPA.

Also it is the same distributor - iGo3D - who claims that it is not possible to calibrate the Ultimaker 3 Extended so that models with 10x10x10 cm are printed as objects of 10x10x10 cm.

I have to deal with this distributor and the claims they made because they supplied the vendor where I bough the Ultimaker 3 Extended.

So where exactly does that leves me as an end customer?

Posted · Cura 2.7.0 crashes when starting

Then their official statement is wrong. You can get it to work with static ip's. The ultimaker just runs linux. So if you can get it to run on linux, you can get it to run on the UM3+. Granted, you need to put it in dev mode, but it's doable. What the re-seller is trying to say in legalese (I think); "We don't know, therefore we don't support it. Change it, you are on your own"

Another option is to just set the lease of IP adresses on your router to be longer. Thats also what we do in the office here. Works like a charm. My printer has had the same IP for months now.

As for the calibration; they are right. The shrinking of the model is based on it's geometry and the material. It's possible to find settings that work for one material, but those are pretty much guaranteed to not work for another material.