Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ndimensional

UM2 - Where is the connector for the Hot End Fan on older mainboards?

Hi,

I need to know, where the connector for the "Hot End Fan" on the Ultimaker 2 mainboard is located. In the manuals (Assembly Manual V1.1, Extrusion Upgrade Manual) there is a connector in the middle of the board, below the characters "ti" of the printed word "Ultimaker". But on my board there is none.

There is a connector on the side which says "Fan 12-24V" - but I have read somewhere in the forum, that the fan is only 5V and thats the voltage I used to test it and it was running as it seemed with full speed.

So where to connect the "Hot End Fan" cable ?

Edited by Guest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 22 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!