Sourcing Parts In USA

zuma

Posted · Sourcing Parts In USA

Hi all,

I just foolishly attempted to dismantle the head end for cleaning whilst it clearly wasn't warm enough.

This resulted in me breaking both the nozzle, and the brass tube piece that goes inside the PEEK.

Any ideas on where to get these parts locally without having to wait the few weeks of time getting them from the Netherlands?

Also, are there any suggestions for creating your own brass tube piece? I'd seen a few ideas bouncing around online, but am unsure as to how accurate the size and setup etc. must be for these parts.

Thank you for your assistance

Z.

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Sourcing Parts In USA

Bumping this topic because I'm still looking for a U.S. source for parts, too. My Ultimaker has been non-functional and taking up space on a table (again) for a while now, but I hate the idea of buying parts from the Netherlands again. Plus, the parts I want are never listed in the shop, so I would have to do even more email exchanges with support. That's a frustrating experience in itself. Bought this thing 7 months ago and it worked a total of about 6 weeks out of that time. When it works, it produces good quality parts. It just rarely works. It would be nice to have two printers functioning, but like I said, getting parts from the Netherlands is a pain in the wallet and a big hassle.