Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Clancey

Cura, missing objects.

Hi folks.

I've set off a customer prototype to run overnight, but it looks like I'm going to have to finish it off tomorrow morning as the 7 objects on the Cura build plate have turned into 5 on Ulti3 build plate.

All items are in the printable zone, there are no odd angles or supports, in fact the 2 missing objects are the most simple.  The 5 objects printing have bevels and curves and threads and all sorts of funky things, the 2 missing objects are tubes, nothing but very simple outer and inner surface tubes with a 1mm wall thickness.

I did wonder if it was this thickness as the minimum Wall Thickness in Cura is set to 1.5, however 3 of the other objects on the plate have wall thicknesses of 1mm, so I doubt it's that.

The missing objects started printing after layer 4 had been put down for the others, missing the brim and trying to drop filament in med air.  Needless to say they haven't had a good start in life!

I have been back to cure, re-loaded the objects, moved the objects, saved the file again, 3 times, exactly the same result.

Has anyone else had anything like this, have any suggestions?  Is this a Cura problem, a gCode error, the Printer?  It's running now and looks stable enough to leave so I'm not going to stop it, I'll have to reprint the 2 problem parts tomorrow.  Just confused about what I've done.