Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
rob

Missing/Incorrect pulley supplied in Ultimaker kit

I was looking forward to assembling my Ultimaker kit this weekend after spending most of the week painting it. I got to the X/Y axis assembly and noticed that I only have 9x 8mm pulleys in my kit. It seems that I was supplied with an extra 5mm one which isn't much use. I've created a ticket so hopefully Ultimaking can resolve this quickly.

Only 9x 8mm pulleys and one rogue 5mm pulley:

Incorrect pulleys supplied with the Ultimaker kit

These are my X/Y stepper motors fitted with the 5mm pulleys so it's not an assembly issue here:

X/Y Axis 5mm pulley installed

X/Y Axis 5mm pulley installed

I guess I should check the rest of my kit now just in case there is any other issues.

Yes:

I've created a ticket so hopefully Ultimaking can resolve this quickly.

I was just posting here in case anyone else has a similar assembly issue, the documentation doesn't really indicate that you need 10 of the 8mm pulleys. When I got the parts ready for the X/Y assembly stage it said 10 pulleys, it wasn't until I came to building them I noticed the problem.

If you want to check the rest of your parts, I have some links here. I also have an annotated build doc, because there are so many errors in the official version. I've found a lot of packing issues with these kits and always conduct a complete inventory before starting.

Good luck, I love the UMO+ and I'm sure you will too once you get it put together.