Cura 2.3.1: Do machine settings have their own window or are they hidden?

nzo

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.3.1: Do machine settings have their own window or are they hidden?

I've searched long and hard for "Machine Settings" for my UM2+ in 2.3.1 and found a number of references in Search, but have not been able to locate them. Perhaps they're hidden or have a different name or perhaps I'm looking right at them and don't recognize them :)

Thinking it may have been an installation screw-up, I've just stripped out all references to Cura 2.3.1 on my Win7 32bit PC, cleaned the registry and Users folder and reinstalled Cura but still no Machine Settings window.

What am I missing? Thank you.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.3.1: Do machine settings have their own window or are they hidden?

The version of Machine Settings that came with Cura 2.3.1 is not compatible with the UM2+ (or the UM3 for that matter). Other printers have the Machine Settings in the Printers pane of the preferences

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.3.1: Do machine settings have their own window or are they hidden?

The version of Machine Settings that came with Cura 2.3.1 is not compatible with the UM2+ (or the UM3 for that matter). Other printers have the Machine Settings in the Printers pane of the preferences

Ok thanks. In this case can anyone please tell me which version of Cura is compatible with my UM2+ and Win7 Ultimate SP1 32bit. What is your recommendation?

I've searched on this forum and Google and the Cura version zig-zag is enough to make my head spin. I guess this is because many of you folks sweat out Cura in your spare time - and thank you for performing that labor of love!

Anyone else care to comment, please jump in :)

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.3.1: Do machine settings have their own window or are they hidden?

Cura 2.3.1 is compatible with the UM2+ just fine, there’s just no Machine Settings.

What do you want to do that requires access to Machine Settings? Perhaps there’s another way to accomplish it?

Nothing specifically - I just wondered where it was. And I thought I might be missing out :) Cura 2.3.1 has been doing a fine job and giving excellent results, even in Fast Print. But thank you for responding.