Strange "dots" in cylindrical slices

sjstein

Posted · Strange "dots" in cylindrical slices

Hello community,

I created a cylindrical shape to test different parameters of my Ultimaker 2+ and different brands of PLA. I use the tweakAtZ (4.0.2) plugin with Cura (15.04.6) to change the hot-end temp every 10mm up this cylinder.

I opted to print out two of them to check for stringing issues - so just loaded the STL file twice.

When I began printing, I noticed an odd behavior - which I also found by looking at the layer view in Cura. The gcode doesn't print out smooth circles for each layer - it first lays down a few dots on the periphery (within the wall) and then does the circle. See image.

This isn't working out very well - when the nozzle moves back around in the "proper" circle, it hits the dots and the print bed then shudders a bit.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening, and how to avoid it?

Thanks!

CylDots.thumb.JPG.af581bd25f5d35a8b81f06403aeb7feb.JPG

CylDots.thumb.JPG.af581bd25f5d35a8b81f06403aeb7feb.JPG

Posted · Strange "dots" in cylindrical slices

Hi,

this could be infill (the yellow dots). Maybe the thickness of your cylinders isn't an exact multiple of your nozzle size/width.

You should set infill to 0 and increase wall/shell count.