Cura Volumetric Extrusion

mrehorst

Posted · Cura Volumetric Extrusion

I am used to using volumetric extrusion in Slic3r and now trying in Cura. I slice and save gcode to SD card, and print from the card.

In Slic3r when I select volumetric extrusion, it calculates extrusion based on a filament diameter of 1.128379 mm. Before I print the gcode I enter the actual filament diameter into the printer's controller using the LCD panel/rotary encoder. The gcode file can be used with any diameter filament, as long as I enter the diameter at print time.

What exactly does Cura do with volumetric extrusion? If I enter a filament diameter in Cura will it be ignored or will the extrusion be calculated for that specific diameter?

Thanks!

Posted (edited) · Cura Volumetric Extrusion

It should be ignored, except for selecting which materials to show in the frontend.

Note that the Marlin Volumetric option does not get much testing by itself, but Ultigcode is also volumetric so the volumetric part should work.

Edited by Guest