Cura display blobs on layer view!

superjb

Posted · Cura display blobs on layer view!

Hi everyone,

In Cura 3.0 (and other previous versions of Cura), when I select the layer view and after zooming to view layers, I see some "blobs" and, the worst of it, is that these blobs are printed!

=> So, to investigate I can give you the gcode file and the STL file (which has no blobs).

I have linked the screenshot to show you what I describe above.

I do not have this issue with other slicers but I used to slice with Cura so If anyone has a solution or an Idea do not hesitate to tell me.

screenshot_39.thumb.jpg.9a67c6f4bf5f373df7fc8fb02ae2fc35.jpg

screenshot_39.thumb.jpg.9a67c6f4bf5f373df7fc8fb02ae2fc35.jpg

• 3 years later...
    Posted · Cura display blobs on layer view!

Hi, I'm using Cura 4.6.0 and I have a similar issue.
    Actually I noticed that when I create any object with no straight lines, Cura creates some blobs in the gcode.

For instance, I use Autodesk Fusion 360 and I created a benchmark to test this phenomena: I exported the STL file in both ascii and binary and tried to slice it. Now I will procede with printing them.
    However, I can already upload some screenshots taken from Cura where you can see these blobs instructed in the gcode generated from Cura: please notice that in the print the blobs are many more and more evident. Also, I noticed that changing filament is not changing the outcome, so the problem is very repeatable.

It's important to highlight that this problem is present only with STL generated from me, since I tested with a random file from the web and you wont see any blob.

I am attaching the picture of a piece with these blobs, screenshots of the gcode of my pieces (both ascii and binary in high resolution) and a random file (test_ext). Also I will upload the STLs.

blobs.jpeg

screenshots.zip STL_ASCII_HIGH.stl STL_BIN_HIGH.stl TEST_EXT.stl