Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Jeff922

UM3 Wi-Fi issue

So I have UM3 and its been working great for the last few months.  recently I got a new Wi-Fi access point for our office environment "HPE OC20".

The UM3 will connect to it most of the time, but sometime it get a really odd IP address for the UM3 that is not in the same network.  Anyone else see this?

So, one more observation.  If I restart the Wi-Fi AP while the Ultimaker is on I will get an IP in the correct network 192.168.2.XXX.

If I restart the Ultimaker and the AP has been on for several hours I will get this odd 169.254.54.29 IP address.

The odd 169 address is the address the printer will take if it never gets an address from the WiFi router.

Can you check if your router has a feature called "band steering"? We've noticed that this feature in WiFi routers is causing problems for the WiFi in the Ultimaker3, depending on your WiFi router.