Downloadable profiles

Den door

Posted · Downloadable profiles

Hi there !

I am new to the community and start to begin printing with my Ultimate 2+

I am searching for custom profiles for PLA to download and use for detailed printing.

Can't find anything online. Are there downloadable profiles ? 

Working on a Mac and Cura is the latest version.

Thanks in advance !

Den Door.

ultimate 2+??  Or Ultimaker 2+??

Cura comes with profiles that are fine.  I don't think anyone publishes profiles because cura comes out with new versions every month and the older profiles don't always work with newer versions.

Personally if you want detailed printing and it is a small print (less than 30mm in all dimensions) then I recommend a .25mm nozzle.  Also I recommend print cold and slow.  So with .25mm nozzle you want to go as cold as possible - around 180C.  I like relatively thick layers - 0.1mm (that's thick for a .25mm but it's easier to get good quality with thicker layers - going for thinner than that and getting just as good quality might require cleaning the Z screw or worse).  Also I like slow print speeds so set ALL the print speeds to say 25mm/sec.  This may take days for a small print but it should come out stunning.

But really you should start with average quality and work your way down.  Learn all the things that go wrong (like bad bad adhesion) before you go for 0.25mm nozzles.

• Like 1

I am sorry, it is the Ultimaker 2+

I have done a few prints and they are fine ( for the one that succeed )

If I want to print really small objects then they come off the glass, even when I use the glue that comes in the package.

Have to figure that out to prevent this...

Thanks ! ! !

• 6 years later...

Hey, I thought this was supposed to be Downloadable CURA Profiles. There is Usually a Fine0.1mm Med0.2mm and Prototype or course 0.3mm if CURA can't see them create a CURA file call it Test1 then go into Cura Profile folder and change Suffix of mine to the One your Version of CURA uses DO small test prints the Profile draws a double stripe to get the nozzle flowing, and it has commands for a 235x235x250 Build plate should be OK for the Mendel and most Printers that are 200X200x200.. Make sure to calibrate your printer to avoid damage to Nozzle or motors.

Ender3_Corse 0.3mm.curaprofile Ender3_Fine 0.1mm.curaprofile Ender3_Stardard 0.2mm.curaprofile

8 hours ago, JustinSchubert said:

Hey, I thought this was supposed to be Downloadable CURA Profiles. There is Usually a Fine0.1mm Med0.2mm and Prototype or course 0.3mm if CURA can't see them create a CURA file call it Test1 then go into Cura Profile folder and change Suffix of mine to the One your Version of CURA uses DO small test prints the Profile draws a double stripe to get the nozzle flowing, and it has commands for a 235x235x250 Build plate should be OK for the Mendel and most Printers that are 200X200x200.. Make sure to calibrate your printer to avoid damage to Nozzle or motors.

Ender3_Corse 0.3mm.curaprofile 729 B · 0 downloads Ender3_Fine 0.1mm.curaprofile 825 B · 0 downloads Ender3_Stardard 0.2mm.curaprofile 822 B · 0 downloads

Profiles for UltiMaker 3d printers are very different, these profiles wont work for them.