UMO+ product box size

Posted (edited) · UMO+ product box size

Hi guys,

Can't find this info on UM site or with brief google search, hoping for an easy answer from one of you.  I'm looking to potentially purchase a UMO+, ship to US address, and have a friend bring to me overseas.  Does anyone know the size of the product box?  Not necessarily the size of the box UM ships out (maybe they're the same?), but for a friend looking to pack this in a suitcase, would the box fit in a suitcase?  Or are the contents suitable for packing out of a padded box in a suitcase?  Electronics have their own protection/padding?

And the same question for UM2+.  Is there ANYWAY one of these would fit in a suitcase?  I imagine it would be possible with the UMO+ since it's disassembled.  But since the UM2+ is assembled, would it just be too bulky to fit in a suitcase?  Thoughts of how to transport something like this with a friend/courier?

Thanks for any help with this!

Edited by DWTherapy

Posted · UMO+ product box size

It has been some time since I saw an Ultimaker Original box, but if I recall correctly they were approx 40*40cm big and around 30cm tall. (it is compact because it is a DIY kit).

All parts should be prepacked, so relatively safe to transport outside of the box. However you would need to check if your airline allows you to travel with those things in your luggage. 

The electronics should be protected, and wrapped in anti-static wrapper. 

The Ultimaker 2+ is significantly bigger. I don't think this fits in a suitcase. You may be able to check it in as the box it comes in. I remember a long time ago we had some shipping problems with DHL and we ended up checking in 9 Ultimakers as luggage for a show we were attending. Oh the sweet memories ;)

Where are you located and where is the Ultimaker suppose to come from? 

(btw, I have moved your topic to the buying and selling category). 

Posted · UMO+ product box size

Thank you 2 for the replies, (and for moving my topic - sorry for accidentally mis-posting location).

Helpful information and it's appreciated.  I was going to to order the UM from the US, and have a friend bring to me in N.Africa.  It's a bit of a hassle, but cheaper purchase price than purchasing from the regional distributor/rep, and having someone carry the parts in for me - as opposed to entering via shipping would cut off a significant chunk in "border fees".