Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Verne64

Wrong line width calculation

I'm using Cura 3.1.0 with a bunch of Ultimakers (O, O+ and 2) and I am having a problem with the line width setting for the UMO and UMO+.

It seems the calculated line width is always 0,4, even when I have a different nozzle size filled out in the machine settings.  

When using the UM2 (with olsson block) the line width updates when I change the nozzle setting, but this setting isn't available for UMO machines. I have a bunch of machines set up in Cura with different nozzle sizes, none of them translating the nozzle size to line width, resulting in failed prints because I am not used to have to set this manually. I think it used to work fine in previous versions of Cura

The help dialogue states the setting is affected by "nozzle diameter", while I only have the "Nozzle size" setting available (or just "nozzle" for UM2). I would think this is the same setting, but apparently there is a difference. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone know where to set the Nozzle diameter setting?

I looked around in the Cura 3.1 settings for my UMO+, and I couldn't find a nozzle size setting anywhere either.  I could have sworn it was there in an earlier version, but I haven't had a reason to use it yet.  I have changed line width while using the standard 0.4mm nozzle, but that's a completely different thing.

12 hours ago, ctbeke said:

We're patching some things related to nozzle size and line width for Cura 3.2, but planning a larger rewrite for 3.3(?) in order to really fix it. Expect improvements here in the coming releases.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!