Bed Temperatures

Bill2

Posted · Bed Temperatures

Yes.  This guy has it.  Or you can build your own.  Contact Rajil in this topic:

But I think he has things that may be incompatible with your printer - I'm not sure if he has a pt100 temp sensor in his primary head and he has a second heat (that he doesn't use).  So maybe best if you just build your own.  To get started on building your own marlin try this topic:

So the power supply that comes with the UM2 won't be able to get you to 150C.  If you enclose the printer you can get up to maybe 110C at the most.  Rajil I believe bought a separate heater for his heated bed (he has both UM heated bed and his own stacked together I think).  That separate heater is probably run on AC power, not DC, and it is probably at least 300 Watts.  And it probably came with it's own temperature controller.

Why do you want the bed to go to 150C but you don't mind the nozzle only going to 260?  In that topic that I posted above it talks about bed and nozzle temperatures needed to print several materials.

Thanks for the info, gr5.

I want to go to 140-150degC because I am trying to print with POM.

If I use a bed temperature of 105-110deg C, using adhesion sheets,

the POM warps and lifts of the bed at the edges.

The POM prints OK at a nozzle temp. of 225degC.

I already have an enclosure.

i.e. I don't need to alter the firmware (I think), but I need the supplemental heater .

So, its not really a problem with printing POM, but the problem

is insufficient heat to the bed.