Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Gerry Chevalier

Part on bed but no layers and 0 print time

Hi I hope you can help . I made an stl file in opens cad. It is a simple grid 18 holes x 5 holes. 30mm x 10mm x 5mm. I imported it into cura, it shows on the bed but shows 0 print time and 0 material used. In view mode it shows in normal x-ray and transparent but in layers it disappears. The scale shows the correct sizes 

Thanks Gerry

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.14.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.14.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.14.51 AM.png

So that version of cura you are using generally requires walls to be at least 2X the nozzle width.  Try changing nozzle width to 0.1mm just as a test to see if it suddenly decides it is printable.  If that works and the walls are between one and two nozzle widths then you could consider cura 3.1 which has a feature to print walls thinner than nozzle widthX2.  Or you might be right on the edge and can lie a little and tell your printer that your nozzle is 0.35 (make sure to set shell to 0.35 or 0.7 because if shell is 0.8 then bizzarley cura will do 0.4mm line width even though you tell it the nozzle is .35 - cura is weird that way - best to ALWAYS make shell an integral multiple of nozzle width).