Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
LePaul

The dreaded BLOB

Well a few weeks ago, I managed to develop a nasty BLOB in the print head of my Ultimaker 2+

No...it wasn't a nozzle leak or anything that bad

What happened is I bought a PEI sheet and installed that on my glass bed.  The PEI is very shiny and I didn't do the best job with the bed alignment.  One the last section of the first layer, the print started to come off.  Then the print head started to collide with that material and it got shoved into the fan should and heater block.  Thankfully I was home and near the printer when this happened.

I documented how I cleaned it up on my YouTube Channel, here's the video so that if YOU wind up with a nasty mess....it can be fixed!

• Like 1

Thanks for the video, I need to get a wire brush now. ^^

However, we can't hear a thing once you start cleaning, sound is very low, can barely make out what you're saying.

3 hours ago, Brulti said:

Thanks for the video, I need to get a wire brush now. ^^

However, we can't hear a thing once you start cleaning, sound is very low, can barely make out what you're saying.

I lowered it since the microphones were doing an exceptional job of picking up the brushing sound  :)