Issue after multiple prints

EVRC

Posted · Issue after multiple prints

I was wondering if anyone has issues after multiple prints without a reboot or shutdown? I’ve been findining that some prints have been failing but a restart will fix it. There have been some times where active leveling acts up and some where I just come back to a rats nest. Here is a picture of one today. The first layer looked fine and It was still on the build plate without moving. It looked as though the z never moved down after a few layers. Shutting down and restarting has been my workaraound. 

82AF58DD-816C-4B4E-9203-4AA014A9B3E1.jpeg

I have not run into this personally. Both of my machines have been running continuously without reboot for many weeks and in that time, many prints. What firmware version are you on? I did have the active leveling act up on me a while back in an earlier firmware. I was also told it can be affected by certain types of electrical noise in the vicinity of the machine.

Posted (edited) · Issue after multiple prints

Interesting. I have a bunch of major electrical stuff nearby. Solar power inverter converting 7.2 kw an hour of sunlight on a good day, and two electric car charging stations. One is 50amps and another is 100 amps. I think the Ultimaker 3 is plugged into a gfci outlet too. Ok I’ll move it and report back if it happens again. I’m on the latest non beta firmware. I checked to see if that would help.

Edited by EVRC

The parts were not loose at all. I use glue and haven’t had any adhesion issues like I said the z axis never moved down and the head was running over everything and knocking the nozzles up. I’ve been using Ultimaker black PLA and breakaway. I’m thinking it’s electrical gremlins since restarts fix the issues. 

17 minutes ago, EVRC said:

The parts were not loose at all. I use glue and haven’t had any adhesion issues like I said the z axis never moved down and the head was running over everything and knocking the nozzles up. I’ve been using Ultimaker black PLA and breakaway. I’m thinking it’s electrical gremlins since restarts fix the issues. 

Have you moved the printer since you mentioned doing that? I am interested to learn if that much electrical noise could have that effect. I have a relatively low noise environment as my computer and flat screens are about the only thing other than the printers that could generate noise like that. One of the advantages of being in a basement setup...it is almost a natural Faraday cage.

What version of the firmware are you running? What version of Cura are you using?

Latest stable version for the UM3 and 3.2

I think this problem was the cable on my print head needing to be reseated. I recently ran into an error that would not clear and I was advised to remove and plug the cable back into the head. My prints are now better than ever.

55 minutes ago, EVRC said:

I think this problem was the cable on my print head needing to be reseated. I recently ran into an error that would not clear and I was advised to remove and plug the cable back into the head. My prints are now better than ever.

? That is pretty nice on the cool-o-meter ?