Print core profiles

rebekah_harper

Posted · Print core profiles

Hiya,

I just wanted to find out if I can set the print core profile in the printer.  I use third party cores along side UM cores and found that it defaults to 0.4mm 

when I select 0.25mm in cura it refuses to print unless it matches the print core in the printer.

any work arounds or solutions other than setting the print line widths?  

many thanks 

Rebekah Anderson

I think you need to contact the third party supplier. The Print Cores have to be programmed with a nozzle size, in your case 0.4.

If they are Print Cores without an EEPROM, they can not be identified by the printer.

For now, there are no plans to make this something configurable on the printer, as in selecting a custom printcore with settings.

I'm not sure, but I think Cura would allow to override this?

hiya,

Thank for the reply.  at the moment with all the firmware up to date and latest cura, I can't use the print core profile in cura relevant to the third party print core. 

really wish there was a way for the user to create profiles on the eeprom for third party. 

would you or have you already released the format of the script that's on the print core so others could program a third party print core?  

Posted (edited) · Print core profiles

The material profiles are not stored on the eeprom of the Print Core.

The new profiles come from Cura, the default ones are stored on the printer.

@gr5 also made some script to create profiles for print cores, see 

A Print Core is being identified by a number of fields stored within it's eeprom for the type, manufacturer, nozzle size and a few more.

The format of this has not been specified, as far as I'm aware of, but maybe @SandervG can shed some more light on this?

You can also look at 

where @gr5 seems to be 'hacking' a bit to program cores. This might help you with your own third party print cores, but use it at your own responsibility. 

For the time being, I think it's the responsibility of the third party print core builder to have the eeprom programmed correctly.

Edited by Marco_TvM
    Some more information to be added