Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
erman58

Check for play on axles Ultimaker 3

Hi.

Some doubts about the procedure.

To start with, a clarification. Are the X axles the topmost ones while the y the lower axles? Because in the procedure it start saying the "left X axle" and then it refers to it as "back X axle" but from my understanding X and Y axles are the parallel couples so it shouldn't be possible to have both a "left" and a "back".

From now on I'll refer to the X axles as the topmost couple while the Y  axles are the ones below (as in figures at points 2 and 3). If this assumption is wrong please point it out.

Point 2:

It starts with "Make sure the X axles are in the middle of the bearings in the frame." What does that mean?

Moreover i'd like to know if it's safe to put the printer head position as per photo 1?IMG_2103.thumb.JPG.bc29f143c65b2fe84085bf0968f7a8dc.JPG

Point 3:

"Make sure the Y axles are full inserted into the front panel."

What does that mean? It's completely obscure.

Again it's safe to put the print head position as per photo 1.

The photos of points 2 and 3 are without print head axles. Why? just for clarity?

I appreciate an answer.

Request: is it possible to add a pdf link also for this, and some other maintenance procedure still lacking.

(for instance "Check the quality of the silicone cover" have pdf reference).

Thanks

Bye

Herman

Edited by erman58
wrong place. sorry