No extrusion with Cura 13.06.2

makingzone

Posted · No extrusion with Cura 13.06.2

I tried the beta version 13.06 on my Mac without troubles (good job Daid, Thanks again) but with the release version 13.06.2 my Ultimaker doesn't extrude anything.

At start the head made the perimeter then retract before print the model (I see the weel retract, so my motor work) but during the printing I don't see the weel move to extrude (or very very very slow). It's look like my E-step is very wrong, but I don't change it (865 in my Ulticontroler) and let the defaut 0 value in the preference of Cura

Oh I think I found the mistake after reading the page which explain the difference with the old versions (here)!

In this new version the packing density has changed for filament flow. My previous configuration for the packing density was 0.95, so when I wanted to use the same value in Cura 13.06.2, I had an error message (impossible to chose a value less than 1) so I put 1. But this new value is in percent and 1% is very low... lol This evening I'll try with 105% (the equivalent of my 0.95 packing density)

Yes, because nobody knew exactly what the packing density did. And the flow can easy be tweaked on the UltiController, and because flow in % was easier to implement, I opted to implement a flow adjustment. (This was also requested many times for the old version :) )

• 3 months later...

Sorry to resurrect a super old post, but I'm having the exact same issue. I jumped from 13.03 to 13.06.4. Unfortunately that link doesn't work anymore

Currently my filament flow is set to 100 in 13.06.4.

My 13.03 is still working fine.

Currently my filament flow is set to 100 in 13.06.4.

So it's a different issue then. The previous poster had it set to 1 (1%) but thought it was 100%.

So are you seeing it retract and extrude perfectly (gear moves) but when it prints the gear doesn't move at all?

Or are you seeing something different?

So it's a different issue then. The previous poster had it set to 1 (1%) but thought it was 100%.

So are you seeing it retract and extrude perfectly (gear moves) but when it prints the gear doesn't move at all?

Or are you seeing something different?

I'm seeing the same thing. When it goes to print the gear isn't moving. Or rather, its moving, an extremely tiny amount.

When I use my older version of Cura, I can print just fine. I can print just fine with other slicers too.

My filament flow is set to 100% but acts as though its set to 1%.

It must be at 1%. Look at the gcode. Look at the "E" or extruder values. The first exmple below is set to flow of 1%. The second 100%. See how the E values are much too small for the 1% example? Distances are in mm so .003mm of filament movement - well is too small for the stepper to even move I think. It would take 1000 of these moves to move 1 mm of filament through the extruder.

Is filament diameter set to around 2.85 (good) or 285 (bad)?

Try changing flow to 110, let it slice, then back to 100.

;total_layers=100
    ;LAYER:0
    M107
    G0 F5400 X77.61 Y88.48 Z0.20
    ;TYPE:SKIRT
    G1 F1800 X97.77 Y73.83 E0.00313
    G1 X102.50 Y78.19 E0.00393
    G1 X107.23 Y73.83 E0.00474
    G1 X127.39 Y88.48 E0.00786

;total_layers=100
    ;LAYER:0
    M107