UM3 - Total Run Time

Jakeddesign

Posted · UM3 - Total Run Time

I was trying to find a way to determine how many hours total my UM3 has been running.  I found the page where it says how much time each printer Core has been running, but unless I plug in each core, and make an estimate of which core was running while the other core was waiting....I don't have a good way of figuring out the total runtime.

I understand maybe this is not the most important piece of data to collect, but every other printer I have used has this information - so maybe I am missing something?

I use this printer for work purposes, so it would be somewhat useful to know total hours run its lifetime or from year to year for possible budgeting purposes, or convincing management that we use it alot, etc.

• 8 months later...

I have found exactly the same issue with the s5, and am hoping there is a way to get "total machine hours ran" into some extractable data. Perhaps in a future firmware update? Or the new analytics page on Connect.

Cheers

Oops... We didn't implement it in the first release since there were bigger issues to tackle first and then it was forgotten.

Interesting that the request was posted here only 2 years after the UM3 release.

I'll bring it under the attention of our product owner.

On 11/5/2018 at 5:08 PM, CarloK said:

Oops... We didn't implement it in the first release since there were bigger issues to tackle first and then it was forgotten.

Interesting that the request was posted here only 2 years after the UM3 release.

I'll bring it under the attention of our product owner.

Very interesting that this feature was not requested more often?  It seems like it would be not only useful for maintenance, but also for companies (such as mine) to somehow justify the cost of buying and running the machine.

8 minutes ago, Jakeddesign said:

Very interesting that this feature was not requested more often?  It seems like it would be not only useful for maintenance, but also for companies (such as mine) to somehow justify the cost of buying and running the machine.

Exactly, this is an important metric. And comes up all the time when talking about the machine. (i.e. expected lifetime & operating hours)

20 minutes ago, Jakeddesign said:

That's why for Cura Connect we did implement more advanced analytics (jobs completed, completion rate, material used, etc)

2 minutes ago, nallath said:

That's why for Cura Connect we did implement more advanced analytics (jobs completed, completion rate, material used, etc)

The analytics page has never worked for me. Every chart just says Loading...

image.thumb.png.be53f79cd4b802707746877972799fa3.png

Okay, could you send me a message so I can get you into contact with one of the Cura Connect devs to debug what's going on then? This is the first time i've seen the issue atleast.