Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
The_IMp

Feeder reversed after extrusion kit upgrade

Hello, I recently installed the extrusion kit upgrade on my UM2 and the feeder now seems reversed. I read on other posts that this is related to needing to update the firmware to UM2+. I tried both UM2 and UM2+ firmware but the feeder still rotates in the wrong direction leading me to think it’s not updating the firmware properly. Is there a way of checking what firmware is installed on my printer to be sure or can I specify can I download the UM2+ firmware and specify it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi,

I have the same problem, Cura doesn't update the UM2+ firmware. I'm using the latest version of cura (3.2.1) and running it as an administrator. I have tried also to "factory reset" and upgrade the firmware but nothin changed.

On 26/3/2018 at 2:45 PM, porsche1 said:

Never could get it to work in the right direction no matter what firmware upgrade I used. So i did a mechanical fix by just turning the extruder upside down. 

To reverse  the filament's flow you have switched the ingres and the exit of the filament in the feeder ? have you done some modifications to it ?

I see you found a software fix. Great! I built my um2+ from a kit and it came with an updated aluminum feeder. I was able to remove it and turn it 180 deg. with just some very minor work. I just had to use a 60 deg bit to open a screw hole so the screw head would fit. I don't think I would do the kit again as I had too many problems. Motherboard burned up so I added a 24 v cooling fan, print fans would not work as they were wired wrong. Then after fixing wiring found out fans were defective, after I level bed it says z switch bad but is ok after a powee down and power up. Just too much to deal with for such an expensive machine.

@porsche1 Because you mentioned your "kit" a few times:  I hope you are aware that your "UM2+ kit" is not produced nor in any kind related to the Ultimaker company.
Ultimaker has never produced or sold printers of the Ultimaker2 family as a kit.

What you probably got is a cheap copy where someone (illegally) painted the Ultimaker brand name on.
That does not mean that you are evil (as the buyer), but you should keep it in mind if it comes to questions like serial numbers and official support...

I hope it was not soooo expensive (or you were duped somehow...)

• Like 2