Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
LibrarianBrian2

Extruder not heating up

Hello, I am having an issue with my Ultimaker 3.  When I load the filament initially it heads up and the filament comes out without any issues. But when I start a print job extruder #1 never heats up to more than 100ish degrees (and thus no filament comes out). Any ideas what is happening here?

extruder-not-heating.PNG

You are the second person to post about this this week.  This might be a new bug but if so I'm wondering why only 2 people mention it among many thousands.

So you are doing a dual print?  PLA and PVA?  Could you please check *all* the temperatures for extruder 1 in your cura profile?  Near the top of the profile type "temp" in the search box.  Show us a screen shot please.

Your screen shot looks normal by the way.  It looks like its printing the pva in the photo and while extruder 2 is printing the pva, extruder 1 is supposed to be at the idle temperature which I assume is supposed to be 100C.

Hi, I have similar problem, not the same.
Cura show my extruder temp as 0º and I check with another program PronterFace and says 16º of extruder temp.

So, in Cura 3.2.1 it doesn't start to print, always stay in "printing 0%".
In older Cura, I printed normally yesterday, with the same machine.
I cancel the print, and I can move correctly X, Z & Y axis... I tried to do it many times and it doesn't work.
Can you help me please? THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-20 21.53.29 (2).png

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-20 22.12.17.png