Slicing show Hole, But Xray show OK no hole

orangpelupa

Posted · Slicing show Hole, But Xray show OK no hole

Hi everyone on ultimaker forums.

I have searched about hole in slicing and has been reading that i need to see in XRAY mode. If theres a red color, then the 3d model is broken (double face, etc).

But looking at my 3d model. The XRAY are clean. But in "layers" mode, the slicing are incomplete. There's a big hole on the character on the left.

(ignore the pyramid, it is hollow with no base, so yes it is red in XRAY)

Z1laaSH.png

How can i fix it? to make cura not print mid-air on the character's stomach and fingers.

Thanks

EDIT:

its maybe similar to this post?

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/2353-a-short-review-of-cura-1306/

specifically this attachment

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/gallery/image/666-floor-extruded-in-mid-air-floor-using-bridge-as-support/

where floor extruded in mid air.

well it seems that your model is made of intersecting objects, that are not merged together. The slicer does not handle those properly. You must merge everything is one single continuous mesh, using boolean operation for example. I think the latest version of cura has a quick fix for intersecting objects in the expert options, but I have not tried it yet. Oh and the hair on top of the head will never print

1) You could use an STL editor like Olivers says or

2) You could try the "fix horrible" settings under "expert settings". You most likely want only "type B".