Huge shadow around volume

Posted · Huge shadow around volume

Hi, I model these wheel in fusion 360, nothing strange, exported it, when I open it in cura there is a huge dead zone around the volume, not allowing me to print multiple at once. Any idea how to overcome this problem?

Captura.PNG

no, don't worry, this is the area the printhead including the fan above. Important when you want to print 'one at time' to avoid collision with other objects.

If you want to stack items very close together, you can always multiply and arrange them in your CAD-editor, and save that as a new design. For example, in this way you can place items in a ring (otherwise the area in the ring would be wasted), or in some other hollow area. Or you can place items in-between other items with fingers, and so on. For your wheels, you could place them in a very tight hexagonal pattern. The printer will consider it as one design, and print all together.