Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
big_ry_ry

Y axis Shifted to front

I have a Ultimaker 2 Go. It is roughtly 2 years old. I was doing a print the other day and it was a 15 hour print. Started it in the morning at work and left it printing when I left. No issues all day. I came in the next day and someting went bad, it looks like part of the print broke off of th plastic wasn't sticking correcty. Either wy, I had an error code of 07 X or Y axis switch broken. It was diffucult to move in the Y axis. After messing around for a little bit, it freed up and the code went away. I checked the switch and everything appeared ok. 

For some reason as I try to reprint everything is printing toward the front of the plate in the Y axis and it wull droop a little plastic off the build plate. I am using Cura (I need to update but, waiting for our tech staff with admin rights to get here) 

I have attached where I centered it in cura and how it is actually printing

Any help would be great! I am not new to 3d printing, Just new to ultimaker products. These were a replacement for our Makerbot replicator 1st gen. 

proto.JPG

Proto 2.jpg

Your Y axis slipped some steps.  This is a common problem and easily fixed.

95% of the time the problem is that one of the pulleys needs to have it's set screw tightened.  Almost always one of the more difficult pulleys to get to.

There are 6 pulleys on the Y axis - 4 on the long belts and 2 on the short belt (I forget but in some cases two of the pulleys are merged into one so maybe 5 pulleys).  The ones on the short belt are usually the problem - the one on the motor most likely.  You can push the head around until you can see the set screw and get a long hex screwdriver into there.  Or worst case you have to remove the cover (only two screws need removing to remove the rear corner cover).

Tighten the hell out of these!  So tight that the tool is twisting.  So tight that if you use and hold an L shaped allen wrench by the short end your fingers hurt.  A lot.

If you don't believe me mark the motor shaft and pulley with a sharpie.  Same with the other pulley on the short belt.  See if it moves the next time you get lost Y steps.