Cura 3.2.1 Any way to offset Infill into Walls on inside items?

MASMods

Posted · Cura 3.2.1 Any way to offset Infill into Walls on inside items?

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the Infill not completely touching the walls of an interior item. The Infill is extending into the outer most walls of the object, but not the interior items. Was wondering if there is a setting I can change to get the Infill to extend into the walls on interior items, not just the exterior walls?

Thanks,

Robert

Infill_into_InteriorWalls.jpg

Is that the bottom layer?  You don't have that leveled very well - that's all.  You want to squish the nozzle closer to the bed on the bottom layer.  This will also help keep the part from coming loose.  See how every line has a thin gap between it and the next?  That's about 10% under extrusion.  You want to over extrude the bottom layer.

Also, I think you may have a printer with belts that are a little loose which is why it's "okay" in some spots but not others.

Thanks for the quick response and suggestions!

I've tried leveling quiet a few times, but will try harder I guess. :-)

Will look into the belt tightening. I have a Monoprice Maker Ultimate. So will have to try and figure out how to tighten the belts somehow. Also have installed a piece of glass onto the bed. No other modifications so far.

Thanks alot for your help. Will see what I can do. Just wanted another opinion before I go crazy. LOL

The belts aren't so bad.  Maye you can buy one of these from my store but probably that's not much of an issue:

https://thegr5store.com/store/index.php/umo/belt-tensioning-springs.html

I don't know anything about the monoprice (other than it looks like a prusa).  I wouldn't re-level it.  I would just move the bed a little closer.  If like on ultimakers there are 3 leveling screws then just turn all 3 a half turn to move the bed up .1mm.

Thanks for the part reference, will keep that in mind if needed. :-)

Ok, I did find that the rear right Y motor short belt was loose. Was able to unscrew 3 screws, move it down till tight then rescrew. Which has seem to help alot. I don't know if it came from the factory that way from shipping, or if it was me. When I first put on the glass bed (which is AWESOME for part removal buy the way), I was clamping it down with some larger clamps and the third print I did the head ran into the clamps and caused the head to jitter alot, dddddddd. Every since then I've been struggling to get a good print consistently. And I've changed so many settings my head is spinning. So hopefully the hardware is ok now and can concentrate on software now.

That said, I'm still having some issues with inner walls around holes. One question is there any way to slow the print head down on interior walls only? or is there something else that is causing thin walls around interior holes?

In the pic you can see that one upper left hole, am still having problems with the walls around it more than the others. I've seen this with other prints and don't understand how one can be ok and another not, when they are exactly the same in the model.

Anyways, thanks alot for your help, the belt tightening comment confirmed a suspicion I had and made me go and fix it. :-)

Pics show where I'm at right now on first layer printing.

Thanks,

Robert

(on a side note, if anyone is looking for a good easy modeling program, TinkerCAD is really FUN. :-) I was using LightWave3D and my workflow with ligthwave was not cutting it. Tried out TinkerCAD and man is that program fun, one thing nice is being able to change measurements whenever you want. :-)

20180331_175454.jpg

20180331_175433.jpg

On the third layer now and you can see that the infill is still seperating from the walls and the walls are printing to thin...?

20180331_185134.jpg

Here it is done with the first 2mm base and working on the walls of the piece.

20180331_201006.jpg

20180331_201104.jpg